Strong and sturdy are the decrepit,
Ugly and coarse are the seas of old manners;
One human defuses a bomb for everyone,
Yet the realities of rods swallows our food.
This grave man enters a stolen artist,
Those paintings remind us of strong nature.
Shrewd ugly men combine their trumpets
With the trombones.
Kisses are shunned by the dozen men on board,
Liking the ship’s journey for its health,
Health has joined with mockery.
Let health be health of a sort that stings
Stylishly, extracting disks of computer programs,
Code that dares to exist,
Curses consume us with zest,
And gusts of whining whiskey are chewed.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strong Whiskey by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford