As the day ends,
and the night fades in...
As the moon shines,
and there's gentle wind...
As the shadows grow,
and the darkness grins,
I step back,
and watch the strange begin.
With keen sight,
through the night, I see.
What crawls out
may try to frighten me.
From my mind, I bleed
of what I soon may be.
Joanne Teague's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strange Thoughts by Joanne Teague )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Poem of the Day
- To Marian Haddad, -A Token Of Friendship., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- When the Colors Change, W.F.D. BLCK
- Mourning attire, Madrason writer
- On My Walmart Chair, Juan Olivarez
- White Beauty in Love with Green Apples, Harindhar Reddy
- Searching the snake catcher.(humor}, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mizzle, Juan Olivarez
- I Found Life vis-à-vis Washing Machine, Harindhar Reddy
- Your Life Together, Bill Galvin
- When Your Heaven Called, Norman Jin Shyr Wang