Still a Birthday
You aren't here but I still say it.
I wrap up in your blankets
search for your scent
It isn't there but I still search for it.
I can't be in your house alone
It is still yours to me
The bed is comfortable but I still can't sleep.
I look longingly at macaroni
The taste is fine but I still can't eat it.
The house has changed on the inside
But from the outside I know you are there.
It's the month of our birthdays
today I celebrate yours
But this year there are no cards.
Seventeen years of childhood
Now I'm an adult you will never meet.
Even if they forget
I will still remember.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Still a Birthday by Hannah Church )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen