* Stephen Gayford
Masterpieces for the masses!
Loved lithographs! Sweet prints!
A treasure trove of canvasses
With wondrous shades and tints.
Consider how this painter hopes
To capture all he can.
Reflect on how he always copes
And stays the artisan.
With finite detail to control,
To share his point of view,
This artist has a special soul,
A noble spirit, too.
Rejecting basics and extremes,
Perfection to create.
Respecting quintessential dreams
And so encapsulate...
It's finished, no more need to fuss!
What glory this achieves!
Rejoicing in what's done for us,
That each, in time, receives.
There's joy as we anticipate
This craftsman's artistry!
Yes, all things come to those that wait...
Yet patience is the key...
How many paintings Stephen's done,
In truth, I cannot say,
Yet he portrays a sense of fun
At work, at home, at play...
If you're like me, you've got a few
To beautify your home...
So, Stephen, thank you! God bless you!
Wherever you may roam...
Denis Martindale, copyright.
Check poemhunter for Stephen Gayford poetry or use
a search engine for Denis Martindale blogspot poems.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (* Stephen Gayford by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Finger's Moving - A.S.L - Fresh cut dais.., sEaN nOrTh
- COPLA 70 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake a Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar