(For the Rev. James J. Daly, S. J.)
Bright stars, yellow stars, flashing through the air,
Are you errant strands of Lady Mary's hair?
As she slits the cloudy veil and bends down through,
Do you fall across her cheeks and over heaven too?
Gay stars, little stars, you are little eyes,
Eyes of baby angels playing in the skies.
Now and then a winged child turns his merry face
Down toward the spinning world -- what a funny place!
Jesus Christ came from the Cross (Christ receive my soul!)
In each perfect hand and foot there was a bloody hole.
Four great iron spikes there were, red and never dry,
Michael plucked them from the Cross and set them in the sky.
Christ's Troop, Mary's Guard, God's own men,
Draw your swords and strike at Hell and strike again.
Every steel-born spark that flies where God's battles are,
Flashes past the face of God, and is a star.
Joyce Kilmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Stars by Joyce Kilmer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A LITTLE BIT CRAZY, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SEX 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara
- LEARNING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- VIRTUES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey