Waiting for a spark of creativity
a starting point
middle beginning ending.
like waiting in line for soup and an empty belly
the butchers meat and stock, rotten vegetables stale pasta, stale bread
I had a handful of bread in my belly sopping up the acid
acid in my muscles leaching off my spirit
I had a few ideas but now the tap is dripping and the basin is cracked
and the cops raid the house which belongs to none and everyone
my associates my coterie my community.
redesign of our culture
absence of money
still things are good to hang your jacket on
visions torn like trousers
and my belly is always roaring
Who do I dine with tonight?
you can only eat your words so many time
its not enough
gotta stay strong.
Tonight Im a dormouse
Drowning in thought
watching the fat cats hang themselves
liquored up and driving
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (soup kitche by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's &quo.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK