Sophia - Lincoln Park Zoo
I am Sophia, bird of prey,
A cinereous vulture kind.
Born by the Lincoln Park Zoo way,
Hatched by humans - but I don't mind.
Then humans had to rear me till
I was strong enough on my own.
A hand puppet with a big bill
And eyes and head was my 'Mom' clone,
Using tweezers to give me eats.
Then, I didn't know what I ate.
Now, I know rats are tasty treats.
A healthy white chick, thanks to fate.
Now I'm gothically grown dark,
Home at the Zoo in Lincoln Park.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sophia - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton
- Insomnia, petra pen
- "The Rest of My Life.", Aaron Waingrow
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave