Dr John Celes
Sonnet: Yet, Birds Can Fly Effortlessly!
What giant birds metallic fly the skies!
Man took the cue from birds that flap their wings;
From them, he learns aerodynamics wise,
And machines made magnificent, he brings!
The propeller blades give the torque and thrust;
The rocket engines have increased plane’s speed;
A ride by plane is joyful and a must;
Flight-time is curbed and ’tis the hour’s need!
Travel by planes has turned a business;
Bird-hits and engine trouble is nuisance;
Sometimes, the plane is forced to land on sea –
A way to sure survive calamity!
The flight of birds astonishes man still;
The cost of petrol makes a frightening bill!
copyright by dr john celes 3-11-2013
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sonnet: Yet, Birds Can Fly Effortlessly! by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Man He Killed, Thomas Hardy
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- God, ! - Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only defence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Short and Sweet, Brittany Veloso
- PH: Echo: True Love, Brian Johnston
- Snow Blind..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Nostalgia, Rimni chakravarty
- The Spirit-World, Emmanuel George Cefai