Song of the Rain
and the yellow pleasure of candle-light....
old brown books and the kind, fine face of the clock
fogged in the veils of the fire - it's cuddling tock.
greening her eyes on the flame-litten mat;
wickedly, wakeful she yawns at the rain
bending the roses over the pane,
and a bird in my heart begins to sing
over and over the same sweet thing--
Safe in the house with my boyhood's love
and our children asleep in the attic above.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Song of the Rain by Hugh McCrae )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Philosophy, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Trinmul Congress Party Will Definite.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Red Bulls, I Mean The Communists, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Am Something, Human Ego, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A farmer in snow covered field., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee