Whispers Of Night
Someone like you
I have never loved someone like you,
until now.Shivered by the coldness
of the autumn's colours,
and frightened by the unyielding
flux of hours..
not a word was spoken-
and yet, now we are in love.
who would have thought I could ever
just meet and then love someone like you?
That moment, you killed my loneliness
and what once was empty,
was filled with a thought-
wherever was pain and struggle
you replaced it with joy,
taking all sorrow, giving hope...
you tell me this is my destiny; true
my heart only beats for someone like you!
So many stories I've hard about love;
your feelings simply glorify it
I feel it in each line,
you're generously dedicating to me.
why lie? We only love but once-
dreams are silence..
when we wake up, romance is
just a thorn inside our hearts.In an
instance we're so near, yet so far apart..
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Someone like you by Whispers Of Night )
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(18 November 1939)