Whispers Of Night
Someone like you
I have never loved someone like you,
until now.Shivered by the coldness
of the autumn's colours,
and frightened by the unyielding
flux of hours..
not a word was spoken-
and yet, now we are in love.
who would have thought I could ever
just meet and then love someone like you?
That moment, you killed my loneliness
and what once was empty,
was filled with a thought-
wherever was pain and struggle
you replaced it with joy,
taking all sorrow, giving hope...
you tell me this is my destiny; true
my heart only beats for someone like you!
So many stories I've hard about love;
your feelings simply glorify it
I feel it in each line,
you're generously dedicating to me.
why lie? We only love but once-
dreams are silence..
when we wake up, romance is
just a thorn inside our hearts.In an
instance we're so near, yet so far apart..
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Someone like you by Whispers Of Night )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bleeding, May Swenson
- Men, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Bells, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Turning points., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Hold, Nur Danial
- Adil Jussawalla The Man & The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I love and love and love you, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Swept The Sound in The Night, Mapung Madura
- Haiku 'leaves ', miken newman
- Much more powerful, gajanan mishra
- Lahoo, Lahoo Ek Dastaan, Yasmeen Khan
- Thoughts While Waiting in the ER, Donal Mahoney
- Graduate school first semester: so here .., Cheryl Savageau