Whispers Of Night
Someone like you
I have never loved someone like you,
until now.Shivered by the coldness
of the autumn's colours,
and frightened by the unyielding
flux of hours..
not a word was spoken-
and yet, now we are in love.
who would have thought I could ever
just meet and then love someone like you?
That moment, you killed my loneliness
and what once was empty,
was filled with a thought-
wherever was pain and struggle
you replaced it with joy,
taking all sorrow, giving hope...
you tell me this is my destiny; true
my heart only beats for someone like you!
So many stories I've hard about love;
your feelings simply glorify it
I feel it in each line,
you're generously dedicating to me.
why lie? We only love but once-
dreams are silence..
when we wake up, romance is
just a thorn inside our hearts.In an
instance we're so near, yet so far apart..
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Someone like you by Whispers Of Night )
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns