Whispers Of Night
Someone like you
I have never loved someone like you,
until now.Shivered by the coldness
of the autumn's colours,
and frightened by the unyielding
flux of hours..
not a word was spoken-
and yet, now we are in love.
who would have thought I could ever
just meet and then love someone like you?
That moment, you killed my loneliness
and what once was empty,
was filled with a thought-
wherever was pain and struggle
you replaced it with joy,
taking all sorrow, giving hope...
you tell me this is my destiny; true
my heart only beats for someone like you!
So many stories I've hard about love;
your feelings simply glorify it
I feel it in each line,
you're generously dedicating to me.
why lie? We only love but once-
dreams are silence..
when we wake up, romance is
just a thorn inside our hearts.In an
instance we're so near, yet so far apart..
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Someone like you by Whispers Of Night )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- I Cried, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht