Whispers Of Night
You Found It Only By Chance
The bitter mercury of life is washed away
as the last hours of night are cast aside,
and deep down, in your embrace, the light
mingles with the blight, reaching the dawn!
I cannot hold longer a minute rushing by
nor stop the time..love, just keep in mind,
not all the feelings last for lifetime.
but you..well, you found it only by chance!
Could you retrace what you once lost
among quivering ashes of a fire long dead?
maybe only by chance-just for a while,
I will enjoy the warm sunrise of a smile!
Whispers Of Night's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Found It Only By Chance by Whispers Of Night )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)