ivor or ivor.e hogg
Some things never change.
She said and so did I
one Saturday in June.
away on honeymoon.
of paradise for two.
Each year we would renew.
we made when we were wed.
though many years have flown.
on honeymoon again
grown up and fled the nest.
has changed we feel the same.
grew deeper day by day.
hotel the same bedroom.
We have raised a family.
all those years ago.
return to paradise.
that would come true.
While watching the sun rise.
I love you so did I.
We were wiser than we knew.
decided we should wed.
Were meant to be a pair.
by fate: We still care.
we did when we first wed.
its true and so do I.
Monday,15 March 2010
http: // blog.myspace.com/poeticpiers
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some things never change. by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura
- Test is on, Nassy Fesharaki
- Post Script, Susan Lacovara