ivor or ivor.e hogg
Some things never change.
She said and so did I
one Saturday in June.
away on honeymoon.
of paradise for two.
Each year we would renew.
we made when we were wed.
though many years have flown.
on honeymoon again
grown up and fled the nest.
has changed we feel the same.
grew deeper day by day.
hotel the same bedroom.
We have raised a family.
all those years ago.
return to paradise.
that would come true.
While watching the sun rise.
I love you so did I.
We were wiser than we knew.
decided we should wed.
Were meant to be a pair.
by fate: We still care.
we did when we first wed.
its true and so do I.
Monday,15 March 2010
http: // blog.myspace.com/poeticpiers
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some things never change. by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
- Think Alike, Naveed Akram
- The Gods and Heaven.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Troubled Box, Naveed Akram
- Colored, Caylin stansberry
- Leave, gajanan mishra
- The beauty of a poet, gajanan mishra
- Two legs animal, gajanan mishra
- Clown Heads, Tony Adah
- In Love With Your Body, Luis Estable
- They Are Right, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)