ivor or ivor.e hogg
Some things never change.
She said and so did I
one Saturday in June.
away on honeymoon.
of paradise for two.
Each year we would renew.
we made when we were wed.
though many years have flown.
on honeymoon again
grown up and fled the nest.
has changed we feel the same.
grew deeper day by day.
hotel the same bedroom.
We have raised a family.
all those years ago.
return to paradise.
that would come true.
While watching the sun rise.
I love you so did I.
We were wiser than we knew.
decided we should wed.
Were meant to be a pair.
by fate: We still care.
we did when we first wed.
its true and so do I.
Monday,15 March 2010
http: // blog.myspace.com/poeticpiers
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Some things never change. by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
- Limerick-37, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ****~ARRANGED MARRIAGE~****, Amit Ray
- Jessica Simpson, Justin Reamer
- Midterms, Justin Reamer
- Thirteenth floor, Daisy Pereira
- Philosophy, Justin Reamer
- Eternal Spirits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Waiting On God, Tom Zart
- Eunuch, arshad arshad
- Messengers Of The Heart, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns