Noble among human
but next to parents and soldiers of nation
An altruistic commitment
Unlike power loving aspirants
Mother of all the profession
Sixth finger is his ultimate creation
For the great Alexander
Parents may give birth alone
but a teacher alone introduces us to the world.
For Tagore, a light lights many to glow.
Though students can learn self, through
media, computer and many other sources.
A teacher may be a facilitator of learning
but a true disciple never forget him as his ladder,
A country ahead of others, regards its teachers
He’s the ultimate elevator of human society.
Nature too is a real teacher to mend life
Forgetting it is taught by Tsunami, earthquake
Land slide, volcano, flood and drought and many
Realized disciples regard values of teachers.
Critics too became great achievers of immorality.
A thief by his profession teaches
every human to be aware ever.
Fun kindles innocence, teaching laugh,
but never let others to laugh at us
Teachings may vary but no teacher
can substitute self experience in life.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dedicated to teachers of the universe
published in poem hunter.com on 22-12-2013
SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SOCIETY REFORMER by SELLAMUTHU KANDASAMY )
- With No Rest, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Dark Cloud, Edward Kofi Louis
- When we were, 107 tshepzen
- 379. Song—Fragment—Love for love, Robert Burns
- Snail, snake!, Edward Kofi Louis
- 89. The Ordination, Robert Burns
- Cold Rooms, Edward Kofi Louis
- On Hinges Swings, Chukwuemeka Okonkwo
- With Compassion, Edward Kofi Louis
- Adieu!, RAJESH.C BOSE
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1679 - 1718)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)