Gabrielle Ciarann Roniyah Baer
Stop blazing those teasing
golden eyes at me.
you have little taste
for my poetic license,
you don't see you:
warm, burnished as molten gold,
in the after glow of loving.
It doesn't matter one.0001 credit
that you've shown this golden loving
to a fair number of the fair, and the dark.
It is a gift freely given after all,
not a secret hoarded to rust away.
Don't worry too hard
about it, love.
You learned this bit of wisdom
at least 12 parsecs ago
without undue thought
furrowing your gold fringed brow.
I learned from you
to give freely,
moon-silver in the gold of your arms,
to be more alive
than in any life I'd known,
and maybe to teach
a 'hard case'
love's silver-gilt poetry.
written in June 1979
Gabrielle Ciarann Roniyah Baer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silver Gilt by Gabrielle Ciarann Roniyah Baer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Her sweet love, Kenneth Maswabi
- A Dying Victim, Margaret Alice Second
- The Witch of Willow Vale, David Lewis Paget
- TERA Rising, Dwitun Basumatary
- Shappired Demon, Dwitun Basumatary
- Across the Universe, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Red Wine and Honey, Eugene Levich
- Recollections of a Devil, Dwitun Basumatary
- North peaks, Dwitun Basumatary
- EVOKING IMAGES, Satish Verma