You will not abandon me,
but kill me gently
reciting a hymn.
As if the speech was slurred,
after the encounter.
Time. It was not yours, not mine.
Punctuated again in
I am searching the frozen lake.
Unuttered gratitude. I
will not submit the ultimate.
Barrier reef was rising.
I sit alone
down the lane.
Waiting for the sunset.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SILENCE UNSAID by Satish Verma )
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
- Even eagles commit suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rosie, Jacquie StewartHeimann
- Hurt me or I Lie, Antonio Liao
- In Spiritual Comfort, John Beaumont
- If she is a beauty, Diplove gautam
- Twilight Glow, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)