Short Song Style
I lift my drink and sing a song,
for who knows if life is short or long?
Man's life is but the morning dew,
past days many, future ones few.
The melancholy my heart begets,
comes from cares I cannot forget.;
What can unravel these woes of mine?
I know but one drink – Du Kang Wine.
Disciples dress in blue,
my heart worries for you.
You are the cause,
of this song without pause.
Across the bank a deer bleats,
in the wild where it eats.
Honored my guests I salute,
strike the harp! Play the flute!
Bright is the moon's spark,
when can I pick it apart?
Thoughts of you from deep inside,
cannot settle, cannot subside.
Friends drop by via a country road,
the respect they pay really show.
A long due reunion we fest,
sharing past stories we possessed.
Stars around the moons are few,
southward the crows flew.
Flying with no rest,
where shall they nest?
No mountain too steep,
no ocean too deep.
Sage pauses [from meals] when guests call,
so at his feet the empire does fall!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Short Song Style by Jason Tang )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- clueless life..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- An anonymous smile, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Where, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta