Jason J. Yu
A shattered life.
Look into the broken mirror.
And see the picture coming clearer.
And see the wounds now expanding.
And the body not withstanding.
And the body made so shoddy.
With one lonely falling softly.
With one softly slowly sobbing.
And one heart slowly stopping.
With hearts shattered in reflection.
Painted red with rejection.
Reflecting image of dejection.
Lonely by a life selection.
Nothing works without affection.
When only is there but subjection.
To lonely tears of every night.
That fall from eyes without a sight.
That fall from eyes that stare with shades.
That pierce the soul like sharpened blades.
Groaning as the pain divides.
Upon a body that describes.
The pain of love that won't subside.
As wanting love means one's alive.
But one is dead now in the mirror.
See the image coming nearer.
That love was all he wanted most.
But in the mirror lies a ghost.
Who's never found a love that mattered.
And for his loss a mirror shatters.
Into pieces of his life.
Eyes cutting like a knife.
Heart choking on the floor.
Body rotting to the core.
Jason J. Yu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shattered by Jason J. Yu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Leaking Pen
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Kupamanduka, Gopalakrishna Adiga
- An Africa Thunderstorm, David Rubadiri
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Another Toll By Death, Tony Adah
- I have always thought about life, Sumita Jetley
- I MISS YOU DAD, Sharen Suren
- Roses Red, Coral, Blue, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- A Night Thought, Luo Zhihai
- B day, hasmukh amathalal
- Nothing worth to be Found Right, Meriam Joseph
- Mr. right, hasmukh amathalal
- To my newly-grad girlfriend, Jesse Swedlund
- जहां उम्मीदें नहीं धुलती हों चीखों की तरह, Aftab Alam