Jason J. Yu
A shattered life.
Look into the broken mirror.
And see the picture coming clearer.
And see the wounds now expanding.
And the body not withstanding.
And the body made so shoddy.
With one lonely falling softly.
With one softly slowly sobbing.
And one heart slowly stopping.
With hearts shattered in reflection.
Painted red with rejection.
Reflecting image of dejection.
Lonely by a life selection.
Nothing works without affection.
When only is there but subjection.
To lonely tears of every night.
That fall from eyes without a sight.
That fall from eyes that stare with shades.
That pierce the soul like sharpened blades.
Groaning as the pain divides.
Upon a body that describes.
The pain of love that won't subside.
As wanting love means one's alive.
But one is dead now in the mirror.
See the image coming nearer.
That love was all he wanted most.
But in the mirror lies a ghost.
Who's never found a love that mattered.
And for his loss a mirror shatters.
Into pieces of his life.
Eyes cutting like a knife.
Heart choking on the floor.
Body rotting to the core.
Jason J. Yu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shattered by Jason J. Yu )
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
- Even eagles commit suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rosie, Jacquie StewartHeimann
- Hurt me or I Lie, Antonio Liao
- In Spiritual Comfort, John Beaumont
- If she is a beauty, Diplove gautam
- Twilight Glow, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)