Jason J. Yu
A shattered life.
Look into the broken mirror.
And see the picture coming clearer.
And see the wounds now expanding.
And the body not withstanding.
And the body made so shoddy.
With one lonely falling softly.
With one softly slowly sobbing.
And one heart slowly stopping.
With hearts shattered in reflection.
Painted red with rejection.
Reflecting image of dejection.
Lonely by a life selection.
Nothing works without affection.
When only is there but subjection.
To lonely tears of every night.
That fall from eyes without a sight.
That fall from eyes that stare with shades.
That pierce the soul like sharpened blades.
Groaning as the pain divides.
Upon a body that describes.
The pain of love that won't subside.
As wanting love means one's alive.
But one is dead now in the mirror.
See the image coming nearer.
That love was all he wanted most.
But in the mirror lies a ghost.
Who's never found a love that mattered.
And for his loss a mirror shatters.
Into pieces of his life.
Eyes cutting like a knife.
Heart choking on the floor.
Body rotting to the core.
Jason J. Yu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shattered by Jason J. Yu )
- Be ants, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Sketching Patterns, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Assurance, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Us Of A, Joe Muschaweck
- Don't be primitive, Aftab Alam
- Trophy Mother, Antonio Liao
- Accruing Factions Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Turning pages, Jamie Fox
- Being Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Show door, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)