Jason J. Yu
A shattered life.
Look into the broken mirror.
And see the picture coming clearer.
And see the wounds now expanding.
And the body not withstanding.
And the body made so shoddy.
With one lonely falling softly.
With one softly slowly sobbing.
And one heart slowly stopping.
With hearts shattered in reflection.
Painted red with rejection.
Reflecting image of dejection.
Lonely by a life selection.
Nothing works without affection.
When only is there but subjection.
To lonely tears of every night.
That fall from eyes without a sight.
That fall from eyes that stare with shades.
That pierce the soul like sharpened blades.
Groaning as the pain divides.
Upon a body that describes.
The pain of love that won't subside.
As wanting love means one's alive.
But one is dead now in the mirror.
See the image coming nearer.
That love was all he wanted most.
But in the mirror lies a ghost.
Who's never found a love that mattered.
And for his loss a mirror shatters.
Into pieces of his life.
Eyes cutting like a knife.
Heart choking on the floor.
Body rotting to the core.
Jason J. Yu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shattered by Jason J. Yu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Living ‘In Fear' of The Lord, Brian Johnston
- what now?, cece rodriguez
- In To The Train To Pakistan, Bijay Kant Dubey