Set your mind at ease
You hear about holidays that people hate
but rarely of exotic taste to find better fare,
but cheap enough for agents to promote
such resorts which they advertise with flair.
A visa to start will set your mind at ease.
Most controls need to see your passport,
wait a little in long queues to get into the air
but when you see the clouds from up there.
You think you are almost down there,
and can feel the landing gear quickly bite,
into the dust with the wind rushing clear,
as keen concierge are prone to take delight
and provide the right service to a customer,
looking for a treat to make them feel please,
gratuitous tips will set their mind at ease.
Immigration experts give advice on legit matters,
the request that you must weigh points inside,
to set your mind at ease with the right answers,
files in the butterfly in briefcase discreetly hide
risk your disk accessory to confide passports
the spiced taste of medicine given in health advice,
hot desert awaiting to match the hazardous pursuit,
of pleasures snuggled up with more stress and hurt.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Set your mind at ease by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman