Set your mind at ease
You hear about holidays that people hate
but rarely of exotic taste to find better fare,
but cheap enough for agents to promote
such resorts which they advertise with flair.
A visa to start will set your mind at ease.
Most controls need to see your passport,
wait a little in long queues to get into the air
but when you see the clouds from up there.
You think you are almost down there,
and can feel the landing gear quickly bite,
into the dust with the wind rushing clear,
as keen concierge are prone to take delight
and provide the right service to a customer,
looking for a treat to make them feel please,
gratuitous tips will set their mind at ease.
Immigration experts give advice on legit matters,
the request that you must weigh points inside,
to set your mind at ease with the right answers,
files in the butterfly in briefcase discreetly hide
risk your disk accessory to confide passports
the spiced taste of medicine given in health advice,
hot desert awaiting to match the hazardous pursuit,
of pleasures snuggled up with more stress and hurt.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Set your mind at ease by Gerry Legister )
- Deep Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gleaming Moon Walked With Me,, Aftab Alam
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns