Sestina For Darkness
There will always be Darkness,
With us, and around us
But it is us who must choose what Life
We want to live... Forever...
But we must be wise
And learn to live around suffering and pain.
After we face pain
and make it through, it seems Darkness
Sets back in, even for the wise,
even for the gleeful, even us.
These conditions are forever
defined under 'Life'.
Something we love, but pain
is a condition that comes with Life...Forever...
The counterpart to life, but still, Darkness is within us,
As it stays...Wisely...
But isn't it so with age comes Wisdom?
As we age, ours lives
Get shorter. this goes for all of us,
As we stand, even still, in pain
But how long is Forever?
This is a question not even the wise
Can answer, we have came close, but soon, it got Dark,
And came the end of Life,
Pain still lives on, with all of us...
But does pain still live in us?
Will end, and pain
Will end, and we become wiser,
And overcome Life,
So triumphant be us,
Us who made it through, who were brave and wise!
It will be forever
We enjoy Life,
And disappear will pain,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I dedicate this poem to my best bro, Justus.
Comments about this poem (Sestina For Darkness by Daniel Batson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Polar Bear Mugs Wino, Robert Ronnow
- Destiny! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Valentino's Victory Lap, Charles Hancock
- A Best friend to someone like me, Yselle Lucas
- Is it stress, Robert Ronnow
- Communicating the Bird, Robert Ronnow
- Chinese Sonnets, Robert Ronnow
- Caterpillar fur, Robert Ronnow
- The One I Adore, Michael P. McParland
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal