Sestina For Darkness
There will always be Darkness,
With us, and around us
But it is us who must choose what Life
We want to live... Forever...
But we must be wise
And learn to live around suffering and pain.
After we face pain
and make it through, it seems Darkness
Sets back in, even for the wise,
even for the gleeful, even us.
These conditions are forever
defined under 'Life'.
Something we love, but pain
is a condition that comes with Life...Forever...
The counterpart to life, but still, Darkness is within us,
As it stays...Wisely...
But isn't it so with age comes Wisdom?
As we age, ours lives
Get shorter. this goes for all of us,
As we stand, even still, in pain
But how long is Forever?
This is a question not even the wise
Can answer, we have came close, but soon, it got Dark,
And came the end of Life,
Pain still lives on, with all of us...
But does pain still live in us?
Will end, and pain
Will end, and we become wiser,
And overcome Life,
So triumphant be us,
Us who made it through, who were brave and wise!
It will be forever
We enjoy Life,
And disappear will pain,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I dedicate this poem to my best bro, Justus.
Comments about this poem (Sestina For Darkness by Daniel Batson )
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
- Master of Plaster, Tom Higgins
- Tread, thread!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Father Dearest., Tom Higgins
- Are We There Yet?, Tom Higgins
- Poles, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fictional Love, Stacey Austin
- Too Late Again., Tom Higgins
- Cutting my losses., michael walker
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)