Sestina For Darkness
There will always be Darkness,
With us, and around us
But it is us who must choose what Life
We want to live... Forever...
But we must be wise
And learn to live around suffering and pain.
After we face pain
and make it through, it seems Darkness
Sets back in, even for the wise,
even for the gleeful, even us.
These conditions are forever
defined under 'Life'.
Something we love, but pain
is a condition that comes with Life...Forever...
The counterpart to life, but still, Darkness is within us,
As it stays...Wisely...
But isn't it so with age comes Wisdom?
As we age, ours lives
Get shorter. this goes for all of us,
As we stand, even still, in pain
But how long is Forever?
This is a question not even the wise
Can answer, we have came close, but soon, it got Dark,
And came the end of Life,
Pain still lives on, with all of us...
But does pain still live in us?
Will end, and pain
Will end, and we become wiser,
And overcome Life,
So triumphant be us,
Us who made it through, who were brave and wise!
It will be forever
We enjoy Life,
And disappear will pain,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I dedicate this poem to my best bro, Justus.
Comments about this poem (Sestina For Darkness by Daniel Batson )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Passionate Love, Suresh Dogra
- Let's Tie The Knot, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Expression ecrite, Atef Ayadi
- Give Thanks, Charles Jagongo
- Bones, Casey Renee Kiser
- WE WERE ONCE, Jon Alan
- A Mother's Loneliness, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- God ia not all macho, kalemeera collins
- My mom, Meenakshi Hariharan
- 2006 Tsunami, Meenakshi Hariharan