Terrence Griffin II
What's left for the heart, when the blood no longer flows?
What's left for the brain, when the knowledge no longer grows?
What's left for the hand, when there's nothing left to hold?
What's left for the soul, when the body turns cold?
What's left for the guitar when the strings cannot be plucked?
What's left for the gambler, when he's ran out of luck?
What's left for the eyes, when there's nothing left to see?
What's left of us, if we can never truly be?
What's left for the drinker, when his bottles have run dry?
What's left for the junkie, when he's coming off of his high?
What's left for the man, when it comes his time to die
What's left for that man.. when his soul heads for the sky?
What's left in the psyche, when everything's turned grey?
What's the use of tomorrow, its just another day.
What's the cause of these emotions, is this merely just a phase?
Or am I merely in a prison? Left to rot for the rest of my days?
What is left for MY heart, except for pain, and despair?
What is left for MY brain, when the connect isn't there?
What is left for MY hands, when they are covered in blood?
What is left for MY soul, when it no longer feels love?
I cannot play the guitar, all I know are love songs.
I cannot be a gambler, I'll keep going, even if its all gone.
What I see from my eyes, is merely my own reflection.
And there is no me and you, it was all, merely your deception.
So hand me another shot, rather a bottle, that I may hold.
Give me some more pills, until my body turns cold.
What is left for me? Is my place among the stars?
Until the day I know, all I'm left with, are scars.
Terrence Griffin II's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scars by Terrence Griffin II )
- we are free to follow their rules. Is th.., jannella aryton
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- My Wishes, Yasmin Rubayo
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow