Thomas Sturge Moore
Row till the land dip 'neath
The sea from view.
Row till a land peep up,
A home for you.
Row till the mast sing songs
Welcome and sweet.
Row till the waves, out-stripped,
Give up dead beat.
Row till the sea-nymphs rise
To ask you why
Rowing you tarry not
To hear them sigh.
Row till the stars grow bright
Like certain eyes.
Row till the noon be high
As hopes you prize.
Row till you harbour in
All longing's port.
Row till you find all things
For which you sought.
Thomas Sturge Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rowers Chant by Thomas Sturge Moore )
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery