Thomas Sturge Moore
The Rower's Chant
ROW till the land dip 'neath
The sea from view.
Row till a land peep up,
A home for you.
Row till the mast sing songs
Welcome and sweet,
Row till the waves, outstripped,
Give up, dead beat.
Row till the sea-nymphs rise
To ask you why
Rowing you tarry not
To hear them sigh.
Row till the stars grow bright
Like certain eyes.
Row till the noon be high
As hopes you prize.
Row till you harbour in
All longing's port.
Row till you find all things
For which you sought.
Thomas Sturge Moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Rower's Chant by Thomas Sturge Moore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Illusion of Love, Samuel Dickerson
- Doing That To Ourselves, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Playing Crazy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Is Every Man Your Equal?, Mr. Nobody
- To Live Without Being Betrayed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- the giver tanka, Kayla Daley
- Your Love Is, Michael McParland
- Living A Life I Profess, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Devotional Plead to the Universal Mother*, Tushar Ray
- Living Life I Profess, RoseAnn V. Shawiak