These times dictate a fashion
That all rhyme be banished,
Vanished. But an inner passion
Bubbles out again, again
From the gullies of my brain.
No matter how I struggle, fight it,
Nothing I can do can blight it,
This demon gives me no respect.
He spreads this fungus to infect
My typographic scan. This plague
Now spreads among us - wildly matching words
Inundate me like an avalanche of turds.
My senses suffer with this buffer, logic fading into vague.
I suffocate within this mess
There is no cure
To keep me pure
I am a gentleman in distress.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rhyming Pestilence by Jan Sand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LOVE VS. SEX 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara
- LEARNING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- VIRTUES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are In My Way, Susan Lacovara