These times dictate a fashion
That all rhyme be banished,
Vanished. But an inner passion
Bubbles out again, again
From the gullies of my brain.
No matter how I struggle, fight it,
Nothing I can do can blight it,
This demon gives me no respect.
He spreads this fungus to infect
My typographic scan. This plague
Now spreads among us - wildly matching words
Inundate me like an avalanche of turds.
My senses suffer with this buffer, logic fading into vague.
I suffocate within this mess
There is no cure
To keep me pure
I am a gentleman in distress.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rhyming Pestilence by Jan Sand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Love, Tanja Bulovic
- Boxed, Barisan Chatterjee
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Night and heavens, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Rattling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Half moon, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hand That moves round, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Round and round The nymph Danced, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- The Taxi Ride, Nick krakana