There is a member who is new
Who requires some type of rescue!
Looking back at life’s preview
He has had his kids
Been wise and stupid
Smoked enough weed
Aging exhibits on both eyelids
No more young dreams to pursue
A time he was young with hope
Goals matured and developed
But time took away that potential scope
Old age has at last struck for true
Today he joins the old pensioners’ crew
Stuck in his fresh basement
He scorns retirement at its commencement
With continuous utter resentment
Thinking it is a washed up experiment
Today, old age seems to be of no value
A new life and a new official venue
Some meet at the post office queue
Others meet at the bookies avenue
Leaving only when the night is due
The alarm clock has ceased ringing
The ladies have stopped singing
The bread winner is no longer bringing
To him nothing anymore is inspiring!
Why is life such a screw?
Is this a new life for true?
His thoughts he has to subdue
For him life still continues
Forthwith he looks at life with a new view!
Sylvia Chidi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Retirement Rendezvous by Sylvia Chidi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam