Lawrence S. Pertillar
Removed From The Scene
When some folks are given ten minutes of attention,
To then begin to 'assume'...
Their star shines brighter than any other in the universe,
Something is missing in those heads this dense...
That focuses thick in self delusion to dispense.
With a belief their glistening has a permanence.
And instead of being grateful,
To that which has allowed them to shine so bright...
Suddenly they find a dimming to be done overnight,
As a falling back down to Earth becomes noticeable...
To those they once shown their behinds,
While doing a climb to ascend to heights.
And recovering to discover from gutters looking up,
Others stars glowing with a doing longer and brighter.
Reflecting with a gratefulness that respects,
The doings allowed by The Divine Creator observing...
From a place unseen no one suspects to inspect,
Those self obsessed to be removed from the scene.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Removed From The Scene by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)