Lawrence S. Pertillar
Removed From The Scene
When some folks are given ten minutes of attention,
To then begin to 'assume'...
Their star shines brighter than any other in the universe,
Something is missing in those heads this dense...
That focuses thick in self delusion to dispense.
With a belief their glistening has a permanence.
And instead of being grateful,
To that which has allowed them to shine so bright...
Suddenly they find a dimming to be done overnight,
As a falling back down to Earth becomes noticeable...
To those they once shown their behinds,
While doing a climb to ascend to heights.
And recovering to discover from gutters looking up,
Others stars glowing with a doing longer and brighter.
Reflecting with a gratefulness that respects,
The doings allowed by The Divine Creator observing...
From a place unseen no one suspects to inspect,
Those self obsessed to be removed from the scene.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Removed From The Scene by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla