I look at you from time to time.
I wonder why you are so blind.
20/20 does hind sight seem.
You are not on my team.
You are on your own.
You are all alone.
What you want.
What you need.
What it seems is that you want what you want.
And you get what you need.
You want me to want what you want.
You wont bend or curve.
You have the nerve.
Of an emotionally blind man.
Who gets me to do everything he possibly can.
You play on my heart strings.
I would truly do anything.
Anything for you.
You know its true.
I see disgust in your eyes.
Its the eyes that cant hide lies.
I believe you have won.
The trigger of your painful gun.
Rachelle Langley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reluctant Truth by Rachelle Langley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(22 March 1941 -)
Poem of the Day
- आना जाना ऐसा समा, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- The Dark of Night, Marissa Wheeler
- a tortured yellow smile, Mandolyn ...
- जाने तु और जानू मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- Kofi Awoonor, Richard Blay
- तु ही खयाल कर, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- गीतकार हूँ मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- समर्पण, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- 'Invictus' Invalid, Frank Avon
- धुन सवार ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar