I look at you from time to time.
I wonder why you are so blind.
20/20 does hind sight seem.
You are not on my team.
You are on your own.
You are all alone.
What you want.
What you need.
What it seems is that you want what you want.
And you get what you need.
You want me to want what you want.
You wont bend or curve.
You have the nerve.
Of an emotionally blind man.
Who gets me to do everything he possibly can.
You play on my heart strings.
I would truly do anything.
Anything for you.
You know its true.
I see disgust in your eyes.
Its the eyes that cant hide lies.
I believe you have won.
The trigger of your painful gun.
Rachelle Langley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reluctant Truth by Rachelle Langley )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 March 1941 -)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Being Welcomed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Appreciating Cultures, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What A Blessing, Shalom Freedman
- Within India's Veins, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- mountains- My fantasy world, tulip mayer
- What Lies Still, Joshua Hillard
- Do you Know Me? ? ? ? ?, William Lindenmuth