I look at you from time to time.
I wonder why you are so blind.
20/20 does hind sight seem.
You are not on my team.
You are on your own.
You are all alone.
What you want.
What you need.
What it seems is that you want what you want.
And you get what you need.
You want me to want what you want.
You wont bend or curve.
You have the nerve.
Of an emotionally blind man.
Who gets me to do everything he possibly can.
You play on my heart strings.
I would truly do anything.
Anything for you.
You know its true.
I see disgust in your eyes.
Its the eyes that cant hide lies.
I believe you have won.
The trigger of your painful gun.
Phoenix Fabian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reluctant Truth by Phoenix Fabian )
- babbelen, xxx xxx
- Poem: Stirred, But Not Shaken, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Bipolar, louis rams
- Trying to Look, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Perfectly Imperfect, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Universal Muse, Saiom Shriver
- Explanation needed, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- cliché, xxx xxx
- The Author To His Disconsolate Brother, Richard Brathwait
- God Visible In His Works, William Alexander
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns