a bird peers down from
my neighbor’s roof, waiting for
my silence to fall.
where there were five trees
are now three; survivors morn,
buzz-saw’s anger quenched.
softly clear water
falls; brown to green rising, coaxed
into life again.
Steven Federle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reconciled by Steven Federle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Say never that you are doing, gajanan mishra
- No use to act, hasmukh amathalal
- जागँर, Aayush Pandey
- But, oh, those summer nights...., Manny Furious
- Seppuku, Or: After drinking too much win.., Manny Furious
- On Charles, the gray and white kitten wh.., Manny Furious
- Truth, joe foster
- After work, Manny Furious
- The Problem, Aayush Pandey
- No exit, gajanan mishra