Realm of a soldier(sonnet)
Call of action.
Call of supervision.
Called with perfection.
We are our mission.
With our site of vision.
Standing for instruction.
We were set off like bat.
Up up in the sky.
Just like the kite.
We all flew.
Hungry for destruction.
Talented in assasination.
Death is not an option.
Fair cry to justice.
Jackson Olagunju's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Realm of a soldier(sonnet) by Jackson Olagunju )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- Sonnet To My Mother, George Barker
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If only I could touch the hem of His gar.., Royston Allen
- World Cup, Donal Mahoney
- On Letters and Words, Vincent Barrowcliffe
- Irreverently Relevant, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Donation of Blood, Kumarmani Mahakul
- WHERE AND WHEN?, Terry Collett
- Love flows (in a perfect way), Aart Beunderman
- Just a saying I made up, Jaded Lady
- Skyscarpers ناطحات السحاب, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Please Let Me Know, Michael P. McParland