Re Verse Artifice
To poor prose some add verse ed strain,
bad stress completes their air,
but vain attempts too often pain,
confess stress messes there.
Where artifice enshrines free rants
ambiguous false praises
soon home to roost, no heirophant
their content paraphrases.
Harsh discords mock unmetered toil,
all editors efface them,
as blanker lines from blank uncoil
they roil, what fool would face them.
Forsake bit part art fruitless, take
note what's rote wrote's great grate mistake.
(21 March 2012)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Re Verse Artifice by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- We will take our fires..., Marshall Gass
- Seed Pod, Marshall Gass
- Changeover, Marshall Gass
- Together Forever, Maureen Alikor
- [ Its winter here and clutching at warmt.., Marshall Gass
- Coin, Marshall Gass
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French
- The Stripper, Phil Soar
- From here on in, Tony French