Re Verse Artifice
To poor prose some add verse ed strain,
bad stress completes their air,
but vain attempts too often pain,
confess stress messes there.
Where artifice enshrines free rants
ambiguous false praises
soon home to roost, no heirophant
their content paraphrases.
Harsh discords mock unmetered toil,
all editors efface them,
as blanker lines from blank uncoil
they roil, what fool would face them.
Forsake bit part art fruitless, take
note what's rote wrote's great grate mistake.
(21 March 2012)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Re Verse Artifice by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard