William F Glennon
Punished by Memories.
Friendship is a word undefined.
When friendship becomes apathy you wonder why?
It's funny when friendships change.
When honesty and love become estranged.
How could a friendship go from right to wrong?
To be punished by memories so deep and strong.
If everything I've learned about people doesn't last
It becomes just another lost friendship from the past.
William F Glennon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Punished by Memories. by William F Glennon )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(15 April 1958)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost