God, hear me as I make my plea,
protect me from this frightening enemy,
hide me from the wicked and their schemes,
from this mob of evil men,
sharpening their tongues like swords,
shooting bitter words life arrows,
shooting them at the innocent from cover,
shooting suddenly, without warning.
Urging each other on to their wicked purpose,
they discuss where to hide their snares.
'Who is going to see us? ' they say.
'Who can probe out secrets? '
Who? He who probes the inmost mind
and the depths of the heart.
God will shoot them down with His arrow,
wound them without warning.
He will destroy them for that tongue of theirs,
and all who see them fall will shake their heads.
Then all will feel afraid,
will tell others what God has done;
they will understand why He has done it.
The virtuous will rejoice in Yahweh,
will make Him their refuge;
and upright their hearts will be able to boast.
Justin Reamer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Psalm 64 by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- u loved me once, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Lets all dance, Vanessa Parodia
- My dog Ben, Nick krakana
- The Bicycle, Udaya R. Tennakoon