God, hear me as I make my plea,
protect me from this frightening enemy,
hide me from the wicked and their schemes,
from this mob of evil men,
sharpening their tongues like swords,
shooting bitter words life arrows,
shooting them at the innocent from cover,
shooting suddenly, without warning.
Urging each other on to their wicked purpose,
they discuss where to hide their snares.
'Who is going to see us? ' they say.
'Who can probe out secrets? '
Who? He who probes the inmost mind
and the depths of the heart.
God will shoot them down with His arrow,
wound them without warning.
He will destroy them for that tongue of theirs,
and all who see them fall will shake their heads.
Then all will feel afraid,
will tell others what God has done;
they will understand why He has done it.
The virtuous will rejoice in Yahweh,
will make Him their refuge;
and upright their hearts will be able to boast.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Psalm 64 by Justin Reamer )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle