Dr John Celes (14-2-1957 / Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India)
Prompt Word Poem: Use Power Aright
Power is needed – a form of energy,
To do all things and live in luxury;
Power given to leaders helps them rule,
And run in life like a horse or a mule!
Power of mind is good to be steadfast,
To remember and do more things by will;
Muscle-power is good to show off strength,
Enthrall the world by feats, despite your skill.
Power of armies lies in bombs and guns,
And logistics and strategies hidden;
Power of God is awesome, infinite –
Goodness that rules the destiny of things!
Power in excess corrupts hearts of men,
Who stay in high authority and rule,
The common man and subjects like despots,
But are brought down by elections or war!
The power of life is in your very hands!
Use, misuse or abuse – you just decide;
Power can help you live a glorious life,
But use it prudently with fear of God!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
- "Happy Birthday, Dear Octogenarian ...
- "Happy May Day,2012! "
- (a mono-rhyme) To be exalted...
- (Matthew 27 v.46)
- ‘’Tis Time to Get Married! ’
- ‘Bees will Return to Hives! ’
- ‘Cheer Up, Fella! ’
- ‘Dogo Erectus’!
- ‘Happy Birthday! ' Dear Mary, Mother of ...
- ‘Happy Birthday! ’ Dear Doctor
- ‘Happy Birthday, Dear Diana! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mahatma Gandhiji! ’
- ‘Happy Birthday, Mum! '
- ‘Happy Birthday’ My Dear Sister, Clemenc...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.