Standing in the rain
Calling out your name
You said you'd always care
That you'd always be there...
So why is it then that when I look around, i never see you?
And when I need you holding me, I never feel you?
Why is it that when I need you most, you're like a ghost?
A thing of the past that was never meant to last...
All the hope that you gave me you took away in one blow
All the love that you promised, you never let it show...
Why did you have to go? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Promises by Jennifer Yadav )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- The X-Man, Dwitun Basumatary
- Wintertime, Damian Murphy
- One cloudy summer night, Kenneth Maswabi
- The Fog, Dwitun Basumatary
- Her sweet love, Kenneth Maswabi
- A Dying Victim, Margaret Alice Second
- The Witch of Willow Vale, David Lewis Paget
- TERA Rising, Dwitun Basumatary
- Shappired Demon, Dwitun Basumatary
- Across the Universe, Reagan A. Latumbo