Pondering the many ways of which I can reach out to touch you,
to show you and attempt to amaze you with the depth and glory of my hearts deep wells of love and admiration for you.
To reassure you that I'll never leave you,
forever remain dedicated and true to you my love.
I'm pondering all the many things that I've done wrong,
neglected to tell you, show you, and share with you.
So I may now find the way to heal those wounds,
wrap them in my bandages of love to make you whole.
Pour out my deep sincerity of remorseful apology.
Pondering now if you will listen to me now,
hear my words and let me show through my actions the very best I can,
that I love only you and hold you in such high esteem.
Please forgive my faults for I am but a weak mortal man.
I sit and ponder how I'll always do the best for you.
Giving you everything your heart desires.
To be there to take care of you to hold you show you how much you mean to me.
I now sit a lay my soul bare for you to witness the truth of what I declare.
So I sit here pondering having reached out to you in the best way I know how.
Will you see it?
Will you read it?
Will it touch your heart?
I truly hope and pray that it will.
For you are my sweet angel dove.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Topic(s): sad love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pondering by Michael McParland )
Did you read them?
- One-way Mirror, Fariza Nur Shabrina
- An Invitation, Doyen Lingua
- Bougainvillea, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- October Skies, Lilly Emery
- What if, Chris Zachariou
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)