Poetry For Children: Teaching Teacher!
My teacher is outstanding,
She's as smart as she can be;
Though often quite demanding,
when we tend to disagree.
I really truly try my best,
to be good as gold in school,
but I often end up teacher's pest,
as I love to play the fool!
I chortled out aloud in glee,
the other day at class,
Teacher frowned and glared at me,
and said I'm bold as brass.
She pursed her pretty rose-red lips,
her mouth curled in a pout;
And with her hands upon her hips,
I thought she would start to shout.
Perturbed, upset and rather riled,
she nibbled on her pen,
Then, she looked at me and smiled,
and counted upto ten!
I really do declare I'm proud,
for the problems I surmount,
I chortled and I laughed out loud,
I taught teacher how to count!
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry For Children: Teaching Teacher! by Roann Mendriq )
- pinned like a wall flower, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Heal Thyself, william upton
- Rest With Me, Michael McParland
- 수원 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７수원(수원) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 수원 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿수원 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 수원 ANMA ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●수원 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 수원(수원) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘수원 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 수원 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙수원 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 수원(수원) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《수원(수원) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- The Theatre of The Absurd- II, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Osip Emilevich Mandelstam
(1891 - 1938)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)