Poetry For Children: Teaching Teacher!
My teacher is outstanding,
She's as smart as she can be;
Though often quite demanding,
when we tend to disagree.
I really truly try my best,
to be good as gold in school,
but I often end up teacher's pest,
as I love to play the fool!
I chortled out aloud in glee,
the other day at class,
Teacher frowned and glared at me,
and said I'm bold as brass.
She pursed her pretty rose-red lips,
her mouth curled in a pout;
And with her hands upon her hips,
I thought she would start to shout.
Perturbed, upset and rather riled,
she nibbled on her pen,
Then, she looked at me and smiled,
and counted upto ten!
I really do declare I'm proud,
for the problems I surmount,
I chortled and I laughed out loud,
I taught teacher how to count!
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry For Children: Teaching Teacher! by Roann Mendriq )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Wanting to be free, jade mears
- A DIDACTIC POEM ABOUT WOMEN, AMADU KAMARA
- Velvet Voice, Susan Lacovara
- Real happiness., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Bird eat Bird, Kim Barney
- In The Speech of Barack I Can Read Ameri.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Passport And Pen In Pocket, Susan Lacovara
- There is no other way, Aftab Alam
- Well Bugger Me!, Stanley Collymore
- Gravestone Tanka, Chenou Liu