Poetry For Children: Teaching Teacher!
My teacher is outstanding,
She's as smart as she can be;
Though often quite demanding,
when we tend to disagree.
I really truly try my best,
to be good as gold in school,
but I often end up teacher's pest,
as I love to play the fool!
I chortled out aloud in glee,
the other day at class,
Teacher frowned and glared at me,
and said I'm bold as brass.
She pursed her pretty rose-red lips,
her mouth curled in a pout;
And with her hands upon her hips,
I thought she would start to shout.
Perturbed, upset and rather riled,
she nibbled on her pen,
Then, she looked at me and smiled,
and counted upto ten!
I really do declare I'm proud,
for the problems I surmount,
I chortled and I laughed out loud,
I taught teacher how to count!
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry For Children: Teaching Teacher! by Roann Mendriq )
- Dinwini gwswkhangthiyao, Shri R Brahma
- Thunlai swrjini, Shri R Brahma
- To poetess Neela Nath with pleasure and .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Baonai nonga bodofa, Shri R Brahma
- loudness in my eyes, Ivana Valasikova
- daddy issues, Ivana Valasikova
- [Challenge] Entrees for September- You C.., Brian Johnston
- Dead men walk!, bryan wallace
- Tangnai Horni Simang, Shri R Brahma
- Baonw Haya Ang, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)