Poetry For Children: Teaching Teacher!
My teacher is outstanding,
She's as smart as she can be;
Though often quite demanding,
when we tend to disagree.
I really truly try my best,
to be good as gold in school,
but I often end up teacher's pest,
as I love to play the fool!
I chortled out aloud in glee,
the other day at class,
Teacher frowned and glared at me,
and said I'm bold as brass.
She pursed her pretty rose-red lips,
her mouth curled in a pout;
And with her hands upon her hips,
I thought she would start to shout.
Perturbed, upset and rather riled,
she nibbled on her pen,
Then, she looked at me and smiled,
and counted upto ten!
I really do declare I'm proud,
for the problems I surmount,
I chortled and I laughed out loud,
I taught teacher how to count!
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poetry For Children: Teaching Teacher! by Roann Mendriq )
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
- puppy made of sand, lee fones
- Alive And With Medals, Clive Blake
- pull over for lightening, let's touch a .., Mandolyn ...
- ShakingThe Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Vent Of A Laden Heart, Lungelo Ndzimande
- the second stanza is why you bought my b.., Mandolyn ...
- Te Acordaras De Mi, Adriana Avila
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)