Planting a Lichi Tree
The red fruit of the lichi
Is as precious as the pearl.
Here I stand,
An aged, white-haired man,
And plant a lichi
In my courtyard!
How can I know
Who will be here
When ten more years
Have come and gone ?
What a fool I am!
Po Chu-I's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Planting a Lichi Tree by Po Chu-I )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid