Brittany Hernandez 2
Perfection is Deception
You cannot acquire perfection,
For it is unattainable.
You cannot rely on preconception,
For it is unsustainable.
See, if there was perfection,
We'd have nothing to strive for.
If no effort was to be made,
What would we be alive for?
Perfection is just unrealistic,
All a figment of imagination.
It is just an ultimate goal,
Your while life's concentration.
But, while there's no such thing as perfect,
And it may all be a lie.
There's no saying it's not worth it,
It doesn't hurt to try.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perfection is Deception by Brittany Hernandez 2 )
- My Baby She's Flying, Little Eagle McGowan
- Change with quality, hasmukh amathalal
- Alone, Emily Krauss
- Hope, Emily Krauss
- Behavior speaks, hasmukh amathalal
- Holding The Sunlight, Emily Krauss
- Good but naughty, hasmukh amathalal
- Cool Storms, Emily Krauss
- Total Cigarette, Emily Krauss
- Nasty Lucy, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)