Brittany Hernandez 2
Perfection is Deception
You cannot acquire perfection,
For it is unattainable.
You cannot rely on preconception,
For it is unsustainable.
See, if there was perfection,
We'd have nothing to strive for.
If no effort was to be made,
What would we be alive for?
Perfection is just unrealistic,
All a figment of imagination.
It is just an ultimate goal,
Your while life's concentration.
But, while there's no such thing as perfect,
And it may all be a lie.
There's no saying it's not worth it,
It doesn't hurt to try.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Perfection is Deception by Brittany Hernandez 2 )
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
- Haiku...Highway Heart Race, Ken e Hall
- Guaman Poma, Nassy Fesharaki
- Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- Dedicated To You, Robin Williams-Suicide, Mitzie Holstein
- ....... .. Gun Control Is As Easy As This, Is It Poetry
- We have right, hasmukh amathalal
- Never dies, hasmukh amathalal
- Torment Growls, Fatima Nusairat
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 September 1850 - 4 November 1895)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)