Pennies from heaven
Once upon a time and not so long ago, a beautiful angel was flying
to and fro on his earthly skies below. He was serching for a partner to aid him on his quest. He did do his very best.
One cold windy rainy day in December, is one
our angelic friend will always remember.
Angelina once was a little beggar girl;
whose hair was blond with curles.
She would serch the sidewalks of Everett
for coins to buy her food to eat.
She did not buy herself any treats.
One day she was looking down upon the ground,
when she looked, she only found one person around.
She heard a Salvation Army's bell ringer busy
ringing his bell.
She found a bright and shiny copper penny,
And this is what she did say to try
and brighten up his day, 'Please give
my penny to the poor and needy! '
Suddenly, Angelina fell to the
ground with a sigh, and for
the last time she closed her eyes.
The angel flew swiftly to the ground,
and then Angelina was no longer earth bound.
He took her by the hand and would have
led her to her heavenly promise land.
'I am serching for a partner, ' he said nodding his head.
'Of course you remember when I gave you a bright
shiny copper penny that was new.'
'Why not' she replied, 'shower the pennies
all over the cities and towns all around
the world for the poor little boys and girls? '
'That is what we will do, but we will shower
them upon their parents too.'
'And I am glad I did choose you as a my partner
Angelina, ' aren't you? '
'Oh yes I do want to spend all of eternity with you! '
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Center. She gave me a little prose piece entitled, 'Pennies from heaven.' This is called a poetic/prose/story. I hope you will enjoy it by finding your own pennies from heaven.
I often find my own bright shiny new copper pennies from heaven,
that people sometime leave behind on the sidewalks etc.
Some times I even give them to the poor and needy via my church etc.
Comments about this poem (Pennies from heaven by Roxanne Dubarry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- My Love, How Are You? Are You Happy With.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How I Feel, Leong Ming Loong
- Something Systemic, Francie Lynch
- Alone This Morning, Francie Lynch
- Tell Then To Go, Francie Lynch
- Cutters, Francie Lynch
- Seeing the Happiness of Souls, Sayeed Abubakar
- Let it come to war, James Jarrett
- Pee-On, Francie Lynch
- Oloso(Harlot), Olufayo Ezekiel