Pennies from heaven
Once upon a time and not so long ago, a beautiful angel was flying
to and fro on his earthly skies below. He was serching for a partner to aid him on his quest. He did do his very best.
One cold windy rainy day in December, is one
our angelic friend will always remember.
Angelina once was a little beggar girl;
whose hair was blond with curles.
She would serch the sidewalks of Everett
for coins to buy her food to eat.
She did not buy herself any treats.
One day she was looking down upon the ground,
when she looked, she only found one person around.
She heard a Salvation Army's bell ringer busy
ringing his bell.
She found a bright and shiny copper penny,
And this is what she did say to try
and brighten up his day, 'Please give
my penny to the poor and needy! '
Suddenly, Angelina fell to the
ground with a sigh, and for
the last time she closed her eyes.
The angel flew swiftly to the ground,
and then Angelina was no longer earth bound.
He took her by the hand and would have
led her to her heavenly promise land.
'I am serching for a partner, ' he said nodding his head.
'Of course you remember when I gave you a bright
shiny copper penny that was new.'
'Why not' she replied, 'shower the pennies
all over the cities and towns all around
the world for the poor little boys and girls? '
'That is what we will do, but we will shower
them upon their parents too.'
'And I am glad I did choose you as a my partner
Angelina, ' aren't you? '
'Oh yes I do want to spend all of eternity with you! '
Love in Christ Jesus!
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Center. She gave me a little prose piece entitled, 'Pennies from heaven.' This is called a poetic/prose/story. I hope you will enjoy it by finding your own pennies from heaven.
I often find my own bright shiny new copper pennies from heaven,
that people sometime leave behind on the sidewalks etc.
Some times I even give them to the poor and needy via my church etc.
Comments about this poem (Pennies from heaven by Roxanne Dubarry )
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
- Later Tonight, Michael McParland
- summer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Down by the river., Harold R Hunt Sr
- North vs South, Harold R Hunt Sr
- sleepy town, Harold R Hunt Sr
- What's happen?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- PH: Humor: Women6Verses9Men - Who's On T.., Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)