Glen Martin Fitch
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE...
You're looking for a wizard?
Don't look here.
(I'm no Professor Marvel.
I'm a sham.)
Whenever I sense
someone's need or fear,
I play the part.
I let them think I am.
It's true I lie,
but as a poet lies.
We both were boring Kansas
born and bred.
(I think it's black and white life
for rainbow tinted lands instead.
To raise an emerald city
was their dream.
Don't hurry back too soon,
for as you view it
so you build it too
and it would seem the old
(if I've done my job well)
So make your own Oz.
Find your own way home.
Don't trust this poet,
trust your poem.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE... by Glen Martin Fitch )
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)