Glen Martin Fitch
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE...
You're looking for a wizard?
Don't look here.
(I'm no Professor Marvel.
I'm a sham.)
Whenever I sense
someone's need or fear,
I play the part.
I let them think I am.
It's true I lie,
but as a poet lies.
We both were boring Kansas
born and bred.
(I think it's black and white life
for rainbow tinted lands instead.
To raise an emerald city
was their dream.
Don't hurry back too soon,
for as you view it
so you build it too
and it would seem the old
(if I've done my job well)
So make your own Oz.
Find your own way home.
Don't trust this poet,
trust your poem.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE... by Glen Martin Fitch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- TEBEHC OUR LOVE WILL FLOURISH, ANTHONY KIRUI
- How to Control the Beast, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Crestfallen, Gilbert Ortega
- The Vampire, Gilbert Ortega
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal