Glen Martin Fitch
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE...
You're looking for a wizard?
Don't look here.
(I'm no Professor Marvel.
I'm a sham.)
Whenever I sense
someone's need or fear,
I play the part.
I let them think I am.
It's true I lie,
but as a poet lies.
We both were boring Kansas
born and bred.
(I think it's black and white life
for rainbow tinted lands instead.
To raise an emerald city
was their dream.
Don't hurry back too soon,
for as you view it
so you build it too
and it would seem the old
(if I've done my job well)
So make your own Oz.
Find your own way home.
Don't trust this poet,
trust your poem.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE... by Glen Martin Fitch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- من معادلات الحرية, نزار قباني
- A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, DIVYANSH SHRIVASTAVA
- Nemesis, Nalini Chaturvedi
- When I Cut Your lawn, Malcolm Brown
- death, Omobude Saint perry
- So U Wannabe A Holy Cow, Boy, sEaN nOrTh
- In Between, Omobude Saint perry
- Fetching a Raindrop, Masharia kanyari
- my death, Omobude Saint perry
- Midnight's Rain, Khairul Ahsan