The neighbor’s silver-white wolf-dog
howls and howls and howls some more.
Day in and day out since the beginning
of this hide and seek like game
The La Cucaracha whistling parrot (forever and always)
is dead silent. Ever since. Pun intended.
I think the wolf-dog has scared the parrot to death, so to speak,
and now is mourning its loss
Ilko Alexandrov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Parrot Silencing by Ilko Alexandrov )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis