The neighbor’s silver-white wolf-dog
howls and howls and howls some more.
Day in and day out since the beginning
of this hide and seek like game
The La Cucaracha whistling parrot (forever and always)
is dead silent. Ever since. Pun intended.
I think the wolf-dog has scared the parrot to death, so to speak,
and now is mourning its loss
Ilko Alexandrov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Parrot Silencing by Ilko Alexandrov )
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate