Come unto me so slim
for i give you my heart
I seek you day and night
and slave for you with all my might
If i stuck you
Would you get stuck on me?
Do you abandon a soul for its intentions?
Or you rush to one's labours' pains
It’s been years and years
since i held you in my arms my dear
rage comes in between my tears
as i sit down and wonder
listening to the sad song in my ears
Maybe we are not meant to be together,
Or maybe you've gone from me forever?
I gave you more than sweat
I gave you love, i gave you me
The ultimate sacrifice i could give
But alas, promises you can't keep.
Now am torn and sick
Mending broken feathers of my hope
A hope barely hanging by a lope
Who sells souls to you?
For many call you the devil yet they walk with you.
I know you to be innocent, loving and caring
You raised every soul that walks the earth now
But why you don’t come my way i keep myself asking.
You took away my soul
And paid me with sorrow
I dared call you when I needed you the most.
But you made a fool of me
All my friends and adversaries rejoice that i lost
all the battles i fought in vain
all the work i laboured with pain
But i cover these scars with shame
And keep moving as if unwounded
Why are you so mean, paper slim?
Why does my labours your eyes not see?
Maybe blinded by light you don't even see
that tomorrow is always much beautiful than today is.
Paper thin, oh dear me, my only begotten!
Can i still count on you as i trod on?
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Paper Love by Dash Black )
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
- Sunset, Kwai Chee Low
- The Immigrants, Romella Kitchens
- Dream of Music, Kwai Chee Low
- An Ode to Coffee, Kwai Chee Low
- ! Forum Personas (PH Forum Commentary), Alice Vedral Rivera
- Songs and Music, Kwai Chee Low
- Ominous, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)