Come unto me so slim
for i give you my heart
I seek you day and night
and slave for you with all my might
If i stuck you
Would you get stuck on me?
Do you abandon a soul for its intentions?
Or you rush to one's labours' pains
It’s been years and years
since i held you in my arms my dear
rage comes in between my tears
as i sit down and wonder
listening to the sad song in my ears
Maybe we are not meant to be together,
Or maybe you've gone from me forever?
I gave you more than sweat
I gave you love, i gave you me
The ultimate sacrifice i could give
But alas, promises you can't keep.
Now am torn and sick
Mending broken feathers of my hope
A hope barely hanging by a lope
Who sells souls to you?
For many call you the devil yet they walk with you.
I know you to be innocent, loving and caring
You raised every soul that walks the earth now
But why you don’t come my way i keep myself asking.
You took away my soul
And paid me with sorrow
I dared call you when I needed you the most.
But you made a fool of me
All my friends and adversaries rejoice that i lost
all the battles i fought in vain
all the work i laboured with pain
But i cover these scars with shame
And keep moving as if unwounded
Why are you so mean, paper slim?
Why does my labours your eyes not see?
Maybe blinded by light you don't even see
that tomorrow is always much beautiful than today is.
Paper thin, oh dear me, my only begotten!
Can i still count on you as i trod on?
Dash Black's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Paper Love by Dash Black )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Music, Walter de la Mare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Bulbous red, GRANT FRASER
- Coming future, Luv Artem
- One Christmas Eve From The North...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Cream Dream Catharsis, Joseph Archer
- Public convienences, GRANT FRASER
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR