Overhung with You
Above the only two lines of 'Ode on Napoleon'
Coleridge tacked a hoarding
Explaining how he'd been compelled to attempt it
Despite knowing that anger, hate,
'Vengeful spleen' and 'hoarse wailings'
Never a decent poem make.
He blames the abandonment of the ode
On an overhanging 'yew',
Meaning, the hated emperor,
One can assume,
Or, knowing the poet,
A drug Sam would often consume.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Overhung with You by douglas scotney )
- PRETTY THOUGHTS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest