Glen Martin Fitch
OUR FIRST ROAD TRIP
I've not been one
to tell you how to drive.
It's your car, your gas.
I'm here for the ride.
it's up to you
when we arrive.
But this is what I'm seeing
from my side.
When fearing that
we're moving way too fast,
citing doubts and finding fault,
as somehow, something here
reflects the past
which brings our journey
to a grinding halt.
I don't expect
you'll trust me with the wheel.
You can navigate this maze.
And though I cannot change
the way you feel,
I'm here for you.
You have my faith and praise.
objects in the rear-view mirror
are much more wonderful
than they appear.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (OUR FIRST ROAD TRIP by Glen Martin Fitch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- My mother died today, Tammy Ashton
- A New Life, Toshie Nohara
- Noche de Amor Insomne, Lorca, Bob Reed