Orchards surround his homes;
there, translucent moonlight falls
on tranquil streams
forming mirrors of each pool.
And now this honest tavern owner
has asked me to taste the fruits of truth!
That first night, we sang together
and, even though he misread me
and I misunderstood his invitation,
in the end, we shattered every mirror,
and found ourselves in a warm embrace.
Free the treasure from the fruit in plain light.
Free the secret from the shadow,
free tenderness from shame,
set free your self.
Pour your self out - flow,
so we can be at peace together.
Here is a branch, drifting on an aimless wave:
water seeps through its shoots
while the keening wind whispers its desires,
knowing now the essence of its muffled secrets.
Here are shafts of light, shattered,
here are caves crumbling in your fists:
never hide your self.
The way you open the night for passers-by.
The way you close the window.
The cruel silence of shattered glass,
thick with little, daily things,
that circling, parch your speech.
Open your heart. Awaken your mind.
You are in flux,
your dull husk blind
to the light of your self.
Revelation is a dream.
Strip your self bare.
Ecstasy awaits you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Orchards by Al-Saddiq Al-Raddi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rain, Joseph Paintsil
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...