The stones were empty inside.
The surface looked like wood logs,
hollow, and the marble statues, a few years
old, and broken. The acropolis was like
a cemetery. The heart longed for, and far away.
Some loved ones had been remembered. This time
is like a courageous embrace of the trees without leaves.
Inside a lotus flower, some names imprinted. Beneath
the empty ponds, like barren wombs, desires had died,
with their fish bone skeletons. A deep dug door was closed,
hard with hinges. Sparrows and crows were looking for nests.
The forest without trees, and the air, was like the bouncy hips
of a walking girl. Like a mare with thick mane, dancing and running.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (One Evening by Sadiqullah Khan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Road is Full of Thorn,, Aftab Alam
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara
- No need to ask, gajanan mishra
- Truth, Tony Adah