One big Universe.. Many bugs!
One big universe
as a whole integrated
diverse inter woven threads
darkness and light
hand in hand dance
on floor of space
Like terror and peace
Dancing together on
earth's floor, KaLi's dance
Sharada's divine veena's tune
avidya and vidya
shadow caused by light.
There are dark corners
where demons live merrily
and that place is our heart
above the dark thick layers of flesh and blood
only a thin attractive skin
Even on angel's skin live
horrible germs wait for time.
Under skin deep layer of love
creamy layer of learned people
thick layer of darkness prevail
sustained ignorance acts
Hands stained with blood
bloodless hearts hatred filled
Spilling blood, killing innocents.
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (One big Universe.. Many bugs! by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I shall love self, hasmukh amathalal
- Keep the thought free., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I remember, hasmukh amathalal