Today I want to touch
The most mysterious and relentless
About the inevitable truth of man
I mean about death.
Does death mean the end or
Does it merely open another life
You may say what I say
To you is absurd and phony
I question you but why?
When you can wish
Wish of becoming a president or
Wish of getting a first rank or
Wish to see Sachin's ton ton
Or many and many other wishes
Which you may or may not attain.
Then how can you neglect
A truth which is 'The Certain'
The things which you wish
Are the uncertainties of life
The only certainty is in death.
A death which is so true
But still we fear of it.
Death is an art
And a man who acknowledges this
Is the one who lives in true sense
See the death before you live
And live before you leave
Because death is a chance.
abhimanyu kumar.s's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Death by abhimanyu kumar.s )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter