Today I want to touch
The most mysterious and relentless
About the inevitable truth of man
I mean about death.
Does death mean the end or
Does it merely open another life
You may say what I say
To you is absurd and phony
I question you but why?
When you can wish
Wish of becoming a president or
Wish of getting a first rank or
Wish to see Sachin's ton ton
Or many and many other wishes
Which you may or may not attain.
Then how can you neglect
A truth which is 'The Certain'
The things which you wish
Are the uncertainties of life
The only certainty is in death.
A death which is so true
But still we fear of it.
Death is an art
And a man who acknowledges this
Is the one who lives in true sense
See the death before you live
And live before you leave
Because death is a chance.
abhimanyu kumar.s's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Death by abhimanyu kumar.s )
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just a Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)