Today I want to touch
The most mysterious and relentless
About the inevitable truth of man
I mean about death.
Does death mean the end or
Does it merely open another life
You may say what I say
To you is absurd and phony
I question you but why?
When you can wish
Wish of becoming a president or
Wish of getting a first rank or
Wish to see Sachin's ton ton
Or many and many other wishes
Which you may or may not attain.
Then how can you neglect
A truth which is 'The Certain'
The things which you wish
Are the uncertainties of life
The only certainty is in death.
A death which is so true
But still we fear of it.
Death is an art
And a man who acknowledges this
Is the one who lives in true sense
See the death before you live
And live before you leave
Because death is a chance.
abhimanyu kumar.s's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Death by abhimanyu kumar.s )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Soap And Skin, Edward Kofi Louis
- LOVE الحب, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lard, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Road to Silence, John F. McCullagh
- UH-1 Iroquois, Kyle Schlicher
- Owl-Moon Night & The Rickshaw-puller, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Sagacious Senryus, Diane Hine
- A miner 49er (golden dreams), Monk E. Biz
- SATELLITE MOUTHS, alexander opicho
- Praying A Relief, Amitava Sur