On Birds With Diseased Feet
Of late I've seen birds such as magpie larks, gulls and magpies
On the ocean foreshore or Nature strip of the street
With only stumps where their legs should be
Or walking lame with very sore feet.
Could they be victims of human pollution
Since they live and suffer in such a way
Victims of pesticide used for weed control
More birds I am seeing with diseased feet every day.
Humans have a negative impact on Nature
On that there's no shortage of evidence about
Is our success as a species to Nature's detriment
If this be so Nature with us can do without.
In the Townpark and on the street Nature strips
And on the foreshore of the sea
Birds with stumps for legs and with diseased feet
Nowadays I do regularly see.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (On Birds With Diseased Feet by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu