Old Lovers Talk About New Loves
I met an old lover yesterday
He told me I still have the same smell.
I hurt him once, he said
that’s when he started letting me go.
I told him I lost something,
I lost it and I could never have it back.
He told me, if I can remember the feeling
If I can invoke it whenever I want
What difference does it make
If I could ever have it back.
Oh, but I told him,
I usually cannot remember it and
I usually don’t want it back
But now, if I close my eyes
If I think about closing my eyes
and if I think of him
and I think of him
I feel it.
I feel wings flipping under my skin
I feel bubbles squeezing in my lungs
I feel hair pulling from the roots
I feel blood drips in my mouth.
And I could never have it back
the fence is too high
I could never jump over it.
He asked me if I was afraid I would fall.
I told him that that is another story.
He said he would have never called me
but how lovely that we spoke.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Old Lovers Talk About New Loves by Robo Cat )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa