I'm ok, you're ok?
But maybe not.
Just so you know, I'm telling you
That, yes, while I am certainly ok
And even more
The jury's still out on you;
For it may easily be only partially or imperfectly true
That you're ok- in fact
It may be stretching it a bit
More than a bit or even a lot;
It may actually be quite a mouthful
To say you're ok;
In fact, if you were a pawn ticket
In the worst of neighborhoods
I'd redeem you immediately
For whatever I could get
And worry later about authenticity
About fair market value.
Thinking about it, really,
You are maybe not so ok
For you smoke
And drink too much
And can't fry an egg
Although you smell good and have flair;
So no compromises, please,
You are not so ok
I, myself am fine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ok by Morgan Michaels )
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison